Friday, January 8, 2010

Howdy!

So I just wanted to say how grateful I am to be here in Japan! Also, I am very thankful to have such great friends and family back home! Japan is turning out to be such a different experience and a very challenging one as well. I don't have my first lesson until the 13th, but that is coming up!! I will be mainly teaching 5th and 6th graders, which should be a lot of fun. I was pretty happy to find out that I would be teaching at two different elementary schools. I will also be working part-time at our main office in Iidabashi. The mix of work should always keep things interesting! I have this schedule because I will only be teaching four to two days a week sometimes. I might even get to do some subbing later on! Right now I am a little freaked out about the whole teaching thing, but I think that as time goes on I will become more comfortable and until then I will pray lots and lots!

On a different note, I have a three day weekend this week!! It is "Coming of Age Day" on Monday, so all the twenty year olders go to shrines and become "adults". Kind of cool eh? I'll be sure to get pictures as all of the women will be decked out in their kimonos. Also, I found out that where I live (Tama) is home to Hello Kitty Land! Lol, how funny is that? I guess it is more funny once you know that Tama is like the sticks! Located in Western Tokyo, Tama is almost rural. It takes a good hour or so to commute to work and a little more to reach my schools (which are located by Hamura).

Well, I hope you all are doing well and know how much I love and miss all of you!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment