Sunday, April 17, 2011

Special Mission Conference

Hey There everyone!!!
 
So this week has been pretty great! We've had quite a few meetings though, so our lessons were a little down. We only had 28 this week, but we know we can improve! I passed off my Phase One lesson #2 evaluation! YAY! And my awesome district leader, Elder Adams from Colorado, helped me set goals to push myself a bit more...and I will be doing lesson #3's evaluation tomorrow. YIKES. I can do it though!
 
Then on Thursday I had my first ZONE CONFERENCE! It was great! We did something a bit different from the usual (I have been told)--we had a master teaching lab. We had six stations and were taught how to improve different aspects of missionary work at each station and given a few minutes to role play and implement the new knowledge. It was great!! We can already see a difference in our work and I just so glad they gave me all of these awesome tools right at the beginning of my mission. Definitely a blessing. I was able to see Sister Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was one of my companions at the MTC (along with Sister Pomeroy--we were in a trio). It was soo fun and she is doing great. I was also able to see Sister Bray. I just love her so much. Our mission president, President Bishop gave us an inspiring lesson on the Atonement. It was beautiful and the spirit was so strong.
 
Then on Friday we had an investigator, D. H. pass a baptismal interview!!! She will be getting baptized on the 30th!!!! I AM SOO PUMPED! She came to three sessions of conference and is just GOLDEN. She is a beautiful daughter of God.
  
On Saturday  (the picture I sent) we had this AWESOME special mission conference with two of the best Church Historians. They are absolutely amazing and so spiritual--they also happen to have both served missions in Japan (shout out to Dad!). We were able to just ask them any question we wanted and they spoke to us about it. Then our area seventy (he said the closing prayer in General Conference on Sunday) Elder Kent Watson, bore a beautiful testimony on how serving in Gaoxiong over 48 years ago has changed his life!!!!
 
Well, I am out of time, but I love you all so much and I know that God is really watching out for all of us so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment