Monday, February 1, 2010

BBQs and Purikura Happiness

Saturday dawned bright and cheery--the perfect day for a BBQ!!!

My awesome Chinese friend, Keyu, invited me to a BBQ at the church with the missionaries and pretty much anyone who wanted to come. It was soo awesome!!! I ate a hot dog--on a BUN!! With Heinz RELISH! WOW! They also had burgers, but I was pretty satisfied with my hot dog. It was pretty flipping awesome--hahaha, no pun intended, but I will run with this one!

And it gets better, much better!! For after our BBQ goodness we made S'MORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With graham crackers and HERSHEY'S chocolate bars...did I die and go to heaven?? Pretty sure. The best part was that we roasted our mallows on chopsticks!!! How awesome is that???



These are my awesome friends, Shizuka-san and Kaori-san! They are pretty much the sweetest girls you will ever ever ever meet! Japanese church members are soo amazing!! Japanese people in general are awesome, but together with the pure love of Christ, and well, things just turn out amazing!


Have I told you guys lately how much I adore the Kichijoji ward??? 'Cause I do, A LOT!!!!! They have really been there for me and I feel soo at home among them. It is pretty much the best thing EVER! I have been really blessed since I've come to Japan. The Lord has given me such amazing friends--wonderful friends back home that support me with their sweet e-mails and comments, and great friends here!

ANYWAYS, enough of that mushy stuff! After the BBQ, I was re-introduced to PURIKURA!!!! I say re-introduced, because during my year in Taiwan, I spent quite a lot of time in those picture booths with my Taiwanese classmates. Funny, they were in Japanese there too! Japan is the homeland of the amazing picture booth that not only enhances your appearance, but also allows you to decorate the crud out of the pictures before printing! There is quite an art to it actually.

Behold, the awesomeness of the PURIKURA:

This picture is now the background on my cellphone!

Aren't we just too cute??? <3

Yeah, so this Purikura makes your cheeks "rosy"--which makes mine REALLY rosy :P White chicks, geez.

I just have a weird face; what more can I say?? :P

Aw, the hand-heart thing--soo precious!!!


Smiles for EVERYONE!!!

Well, that about wraps it up for now!! Love ya all!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! The barbeque looks fantastic! I love the roasting the marshmallows on Chopsticks! Hahaha! I love it!

    It looks like you had so much fun with the Purikura, you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic!! And I agree--Japanese ward members are incredible people! LOVE the purikuras! :D We have to take some as an ALT team this March!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, for suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I loved the mallows on chopsticks too...make me laugh sooooo much.

    ReplyDelete