Sunday, June 24, 2012

Happy Chinese New Years Still!

Dear Family!!!

Hello there! Guonian was an interesting experience as a missionary. Eaten waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooooooo much food and found some awesome people to teach! We were able to find a really awesome family through tracting and I feel like I've really gotten to know the members. That is one thing (of many) that I just absolutely love about this area--the members are our family and want to become more invested in the work. Sometimes they might forget, but with a little reminding they do just great! Another thing I absolutely love is my companion--Sister Fitzpatrick is amazing!!! She has such a desire to baptize and rescue. I know that through her faith she will accomplish many mighty miracles. Sometimes times get tough and a little discouraging, but that is just before the best blessings. We are working hard to help this area grow. I know that as we continue to be worthy, obedient, and diligent missionaries the Lord will richly bless us.

Some miracles that we saw this week in the investigator arena, is that we actually have a few investigators!!! We received a referral from the Elders, added her and met with her. She is a very humble woman who has prayed three times a day since we met with her! How awesome is that? \We hope to start teaching the whole family.

The Lord has really been blessing our recent converts and less actives. We were able to have most of our Guonian meals with less actives, recent converts, and part member families! It was so great!!! Also, we received promptings to visit several specific RC/LAs this week, and as a direct result of our visits we had three less actives at church this past Sunday. One of these sweet sisters came and at church the members were so sweet and supportive. She told me at church that she felt very loved and felt the truth of the doctrine being taught. Another sister received a priesthood blessing after church from our Elders Quorum President. He gave her words of healing and comfort. That night when I called her again, she said she had felt very touched by every one's love for her. It was so amazing!!! We have felt blessed to be able to start the rescuing process! Also, two less active families, who we haven't yet met with, came to church this Sunday!! One family said that they had seen us on the side of the road praying, and thought it was touching to see how hard working we are. I know that as we keep being diligent, others will see our example and be brought closer to Christ.

We felt very blessed to find two new investigators this week!!! In order to keep improving we will be following up on our hongbao (red envelopes) member referral forms (we received a member referral from one just last night!) and we are meeting with another member referral this week! I love that!!!

In the gospel study realm, my companion and I have worked very hard to more effectively use our time to plan for our investigators. We divide the lessons between us and use our personal study to receive inspiration for those specific individuals. It has been working really well! I am still trying to figure out how to keep a good balance of studying for my investigators an achieving some personal goals, but I think I am figuring it out.

I love you all sooooooooooooooooooo much!!! What miracles have you seen in your lives lately?

Well, all for now but more miracles later!

---Sister Brooke Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment