Sunday, June 24, 2012

HAPPY EASTER!!!

Dearest Family,

HAPPY EASTER!!!

We had a great week--Conference, Easter, and a wonderful baptism!!! So exciting and definitely uplifted by the Spirit. I love this work and am so grateful to be a part of it.

We have some really great new investigators, both of whom really understand our purpose and have desires to know. One is sweet Sister--she reminded me of her baptismal goal yesterday at Conference--she wanted to know what time the baptismal service was at so she could write it in her planner!! She is progressing wonderfully. The only concern is that for the next three weeks she won't be able to come to church because of her buxi ban (cram school), so we will have to readjust her date since she has only been to church twice (every Sunday since contacted by the missionaries though!). The other is still striving to truly know God lives and loves her. But she is willing to learn and keep the commitments we give her, so I have faith she will soon gain her own testimony.

As for fellowshipping, one of our sister's is back again!! She came to all of conference. It was great to see her being an active member. I love her sooo much. We also saw another family came to a session of conference. The father gave a nice talk at his son's baptism and it was just a really great time. I love their family sooo much! I keep imagining them in the temple, becoming eternal. That is a huge goal for me.

Sister Thomas is my best friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love her so much and am always surprised when she asks me for help because I forget she IS new. She is amazing and the people just love her. She is a great example to me of diligent study and patience. We find that we balance each other in great ways. We both are learning so much from each other. I love her soooooo much. She is progressing beautifully and we are going to be together for another movecall since training is now two. But for my last movecall...who knows!

As for gospel study---oh man, I just loved Conference sooooooooooooooooo much. I was able to ponder beforehand and come up with my own questions. Unsurprisingly one of the biggest answers I received is that I have the moral agency and gift of the Spirit to make my own, hopefully wise, decisions. Heavenly Father doesn't want me to just get all the answers by being just listening passively-He wants me to work out my own Salvation with the guidance of the Holy Ghost. So I'll keep working on it! President Packer's talk was amazing too--bet Mom was a little teary during that one...I was too :).

This morning before emailing we colored eggs for Easter!! I used the kit Mom sent me last year--it was so fun! Well, I'll have to attach pics to this one since they didn't send last week--so strange!!! Love you all tons!!

---Sister Brooke Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment